Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Another Half Scheduled

I know, I am a little late on that post this week.  I spent the weekend with my wife in Philly and now I am getting back into training.  Plus work has been really busy.  But I do have some news....I am signed up for another Half Marathon this fall!  Yay!  Remember how I have said I like to do running events that support a cause, well this one certainly more than qualifies for that, and I need your help.

First, the event.  This event is called that CHaD Hero Half Marathon.  CHaD stands for the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth - Hitchcock, which is part of the Dartmouth - Hitchcock medical system.  For those that don't know, not too long after he was born our youngest son Riley ended up with a pretty serious case of RSV (Respiratory syncytial virus) which put him in the hospital.  He was in the NICU at Dartmouth for a few days and then spent a few more at CHaD.  We ended up spending a week at the hospital with him before he was released.  So when I saw the opportunity to not only run, but run for a cause that is special to me I jumped at the chance.

Now, here is where I put my best salesman hat on.  The whole point is to be able to raise money specifically for CHaD, so I am asking anyone that reads this to please donate for this event.  The goal is $60 per participant, and I started with the first $20.  That means I only really need to raise an additional $40 for this event.  I know there are those that are aware of Riley's stay (and helicopter ride) to CHaD some three years ago.  So please help me reach this small goal.

Donations for my fund raising can be made here:
http://chadhalf.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1060825&supid=386041225

Thank you and please pass the word!!


No comments:

Post a Comment