Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Happy Fathers Day to all my fellow Dad's out there.  It's especially great to have your children remember it is Father's Day with out their mother reminding them.  Great way to start the day, being jumped on by your 7 year old to wake you up!

A little bit of news and "paperwork" to get through this morning.  First, please help support the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth Hitchcock by helping donate through me here:

http://chadhalf.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1060825&lis=1&kntae1060825=DD68E4499DDF4E4B9596E5F9B098C089&supId=386041225

It is a great cause and if you read my last post you will see how much it means to me personally.  $1, $2, $5, $10....anything possible to help contribute to this organization would be fantastic.  I only have a goal of $15 more to hit, but I am going to keep bugging people.  This is a charitable contribution so it is a tax write off as well....so please, please, please help!

Second part, we have a new event to look forward to, on July 20th of this year a bunch of family and friends are going to be taking part in the 3rd Annual Howie's Field of Dreams 5K in Rochester NH.  This event is to help build a new baseball field in Rochster NH, which both our nephew's play on.  As it stands right now, my sister-in-law and a family friend will be participating in it.  There are other's that are thinking about racing as well, and of course I will be involved which is why I am posting about it.  Information on the race can be found here: http://howies5k.org/.

Beyond that, training for the half marathon in Hanover NH has started.  I have been getting in regular runs of 8 miles and one long run on the weekend.  Last weekend it was a 10 mile run, and I will be getting another ten mile in today.  My plan is to get extend the mileage one week, while then getting a shorted on in the following week.  My hope is to get back to the 13 miles by the end of the July when my wife goes to a conference in Florida.  I will be taking that week off from running so it would be a good time to rest and recharge.  I will then be able to start doing more speed work with the long runs to hopefully kick some butt in October.

Well, hopefully the weather starts getting nicer and I can get out and run more.  Enjoy your weekend, week and your Father's Day to any father!

No comments:

Post a Comment