Monday, October 14, 2013

6 days and counting

It is Monday and there is a Half Marathon race on Sunday that I will be participating in. It is going to be really interesting to see how well I have trained for this race. The last time I competed in a Half Marathon race in May, I have only run 13 miles or over probably 1 or 2 times. This time I have had a fair amount of times I have run the distance or over. I feel like I am stronger and I have a better technique this time around. I really think I have a chance of beating my first time and putting forth a really good effort. I have had some really fast and strong shorter runs later in the day that make me feel good about how this will all work out. The race is at noon on Sunday so I have plenty of time to be fueled and ready to go. Of course I do have some aches and pains that will probably worry me some heading up to Sunday, but once I get moving and the competitive juices start flowing there really should be no reason to worry. Lately when mapping my runs through a GPS program on a phone (I have been using MapMyRun) I have wondered about the accuracy of these products. I have been thinking a lot about it and I think I am going to purchase a GPS watch or something of the sort to really see how well I am doing on runs with a little more faith that the pace and distance is true. I guess we will see how it all turns out in the coming months as I work up to Marathon distance. Also, the Marathon here in Keene NH prohibits the use of an music player for runners safety and I have never run with out music, so that will certainly change a lot of things. I am really interested in seeing how I can keep pace with out music. So it will be Noon EST on Sunday the 20th when I start. I will certainly tweet out my results so please follow @RupBoysDad if you would like to know shortly after how it went. I believe after I will post something about how I feel and then a little about the technology I am looking at for better run tracking. Until then, if you have any questions or anything you would like to know about, please tweet me at @rupboysdad or send me an email!!

No comments:

Post a Comment