Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Return

Quite some time ago I had decided to take a hiatus on posting to this blog.  I didn't have any races to run and I felt like my reasoning for stating this blog had been satisfied, that was when I completed the Mother's Day Half Marathon in Whately Ma.  I still ran, knowing that I would still be running more races in the fall.  But over the summer my mileage was way down as I tried to just work on getting my muscles to be more in tuned with the distances that I was looking to complete.  Well, in just over two weeks I will be running another half marathon, this time to benefit CH@D in Hanover NH.  The event page is here for anyone interested:  http://www.chadhalf.org/.

However, the real reason to start putting my thoughts and feelings back on the net is not about another half marathon, or the two if I do decide to run one in Nashua on the 24th of November.  This past weekend was the Clarence DeMar Marathon run in Keene.  It has been run since 1978, just a year younger than it.  In seeing the people push themselves to complete the 26.2 mile course, I realized that I would like to be one of those people.  So I have decided to mark my progress and my status over the next year as I try to make the jump from running 13.1 miles to the 26.2 (and more) that it takes to be a marathoner.

The site is going to go through a slight change...I am going to pretty much just have my posts, some courses as well as a little bit about me and the distances I have been able to cover.  My goals are simply for me and me a lone.  I write and post this because I want to and because some members of my family have liked tracking my progress.  However, feel free to share my blog and information to others.  I would be delighted to serve as a source of inspiration for others, although it is not something that I strive for.

I cannot promise that I will post once a week, or with any frequency at all.  But I will keep up with this as much as I can find time to as I move closer and closer to my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment