Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!!

Today was my Easter Sunday run.  A little 5.5 mile recovery run from yesterday's 9 miles.  I don't know the time because I am not timing myself in preparation for this Half Marathon.  I personally don't care how fast I run it, it's about finishing right now that matters to me.  The only time you will probably see a pace from me on this is when the results are posted.  As mentioned in other posts and areas, it's not about bragging, it's about chronicling how I feel and sharing with the people that want me to.

This morning started off at 4:45 thanks to our 3 year old Riley.  Another Chocolate Chip Banana muffin with a 12 oz cup of black coffee for breakfast.  I think my energy from the the breakfast was fine, however I was slow because my legs were tired as well as I had our two dogs with me.  I will explain why that matters in a moment.  I am not sure what other details people might want about my workouts.  If there is something you want to know please email me on the email link to the left or commenting on a post.  I hit the road at about 6:30-6:45, I don't really remember.  

Running with our two dogs is always interesting.  It's amazing the two personalities of them.  We have two labs, a black male American style lab named Brody.  We also have a female yellow English style lab named AnnaBelle (or more appropriately AnnaBull).  Brods has been pretty much running with me since the start.  He is a great running companion, he trots along side of me with only a slacked leash and collar.  I honestly could just have him run off leash with me, but there are laws in the city and it is better just in case I need to get him out of the way of something.  AnnaBelle, well we got her last year so she is still working on the whole running thing.  When running she has a dominant personality, running in front and stopping to mark her territory.  She has gotten a lot better, but she still needs to be run on a harness because she has a taught leash and would probably choke herself.

Well, that's all for today.  Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment