Saturday, March 30, 2013

Watch your step

On Saturday's I am going to push my workout mileage.  Being out of it for a little while I went for a good one today.  I had to drop my car off to the Hyundai dealership to have the idler pulley (my Brother-in-law will probably hit me for using the wrong term) and went out for a run from there.  It was a variation of a route that I have done before.  I put it up on the Maps section.  It ended up being 9.12 miles that it tracked before the batter on my cell phone died.  It was a nice run though.

A couple of notes.  First, I ate my chocolate chip banana muffins for my breakfast fuel source.  That recipe, found here, is actually something I took from a banana bread recipe.  So the muffins are pretty dense, filling, and have been referred to as "very banana-y".  I also had two 12 oz cup of black coffee to get me going.  The run felt good but I would suggest to anyone that if you are going to run on a trail, make sure you don't space out.  You might end up running through a thorn bush, which will tend to sting a little.  Yeah, my legs have a few scratches on them.  I guess I can just call them my battle wounds.

At this point my goal is to get my Saturday run to about 12 miles before we leave for Florida on the 20th of April.  Or be able to run 12 miles that day before we leave would probably be a decent goal.  The race that I am going to be doing is about 6 weeks away, the site for it is www.racewmass.com.  It starts at 8 am so my goal on the Saturday runs is to start my day of training at 8 am.  I was able to do that today as the Hyundai dealership took my car in at 8.

Moving forward, if you have any questions for me about anything please email me or send me a comment.  I will spend some time answering them on my off days.  In the past people have asked me about what I eat and what I wear when training.  I am going to get to those in future posts.  Until then, enjoy your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment