Thursday, March 28, 2013

The beginning

Ok, so a few days ago I decided I wanted to push myself a little.  For those that know me know that I have been running for about a year now.  Over the winter I have been running on a treadmill and doing elliptical work as I have been trying to heal shin splints, some massive blisters, and a herniated disk.  I am now at the point where I feel like running on the treadmill or around the track at the local Y is boring me greatly.  The weather is starting to get nicer and it is time to get out and run!  I like running, it clears my mind and helps with stress relief.  But I really wanted more of a reason, like I did last year when I decided to run so I could run a 5K.  So I picked one, a half marathon.

So what does that have to do with this?  Well, I want to chronicle my progress and work outs so at some point I can look back at it.  I also wanted to share with the people that have asked me to.  I don't like facebook anymore and I do not want to use it for this.  I wanted something a little more detailed in what I was doing.  I also think the interaction with this will be better.  Plus, why not??  So basically I am going to share the my exercise routines, dieting, recipes and overall thoughts on how things go.

I hope you enjoy and feel free to put any feedback you would like.

-Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment